* A small portion of DNA on a chromosome
* Genes tell the body how to build or operate its parts
* Your genes are passes on to you from both parents
Are you intelligent, life dad? Are you fair complexion, life your mom? I am responsible for it. I am how-to-guide for the human body...the instructions for making, running, and maintained body parts. I am crucial to your appearance and natural abilities because your body's cells use me to build parts such as your brain, skin, hair, eyes, and nose. I come in pairs...one set from Mom and one from Dad.
I am unbelievably tiny: inside Cells's nucleus are 46 strands of DNA. tightly curled up. These are called chromosomes. Straighten them all out and they'd stretch almost 10 ft. (3m) and contain about 50,000 of me!
Small sequences of DNA signal the end of one gene and the start of another so that a chromosome can be understood.
* Genetic similarity between humans: 99.998%
* Genetic similarity between a human and a mouse: 92%
* Number of genes on a cromosome: up to 3,000
Disclaimer: Please use this channel at your own discretion. These articles are contributed by our users. SeattleIndian (BroadLink, LLC) is not responsible or liable for any problems related to the utilization of information of these articles.
View All Contributions