Viloma means against a natural order. In this pranayama inhalation or exhalation is not a continuous process but is interrupted by several pauses. It can be done either lying down or in a sitting position.
How to do :
- Lie straight and relaxed on a blanket on the floor. Close your eyes and lie quietly for a minute.
- Exhale completely until lungs feel empty.
- Inhale for 2 or 3 seconds, pause and hold the breath for 2 or 3 seconds. Repeat this process until the lungs are completely full. One complete inhalation may include 4 to 5 pauses. There should be no strain throughout the practice.
- Hold the breath for a second or two.
- Exhale for 2 or 3 seconds, pause and hold the breath for 2 or 3 seconds and repeat this process until the lungs feel completely empty. One complete exhalation may include 4 to 5 pauses. Gradually release the grip on the abdomen.
- Inhale and rest in ''''''''Shava Asana''''''''. This complete one cycle of Viloma. Repeat for 8 to 12 minutes or as long as no strain is left.
Major Benefits :
This practice brings a feeling of ease and lightness to the body. It is suitable for beginners and invalids. Strengthens the respiratory system.
Disclaimer: Please use this channel at your own discretion. These articles are contributed by our users. We are not responsible or liable for any problems related to the utilization of information of these articles.
View All Contributions