Seattle Indian Community - SeattleIndian.com
| | |
 


 

Beware When Charging a Cell Phone

General
Contributed by : JiJi

Share With Your Friends

Add To My Favorite
I am sure many of you charge your phone during the night. However be warned that there have been several cases which show how dangerous it can be. Recently Fox4, Tampa Bay, reported that a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone exploded in a 13 year old's bed, while she was charging it on her pillow on the bed.

Samsung is investigating the issue. A spokesperson for Samsung said that their products are safe, and pointed out that the battery in the phone, that exploded, was not original Samsung battery and that could be a potential reason for the explosion. Company said that there is a need for consumer education when it comes to rechargeable batteries.

They also do post a warning in their user guide, which specifically states that covering one of their devices with bedding or other material could restrict airflow and cause a fire.

 

Disclaimer: Please use this channel at your own discretion. These articles are contributed by our users. We are not responsible or liable for any problems related to the utilization of information of these articles.

 

View All Contributions

Post an Article
Notify Me of New Articles

Become A Featured Contributor
Add Your Blog | Add Recipe | Add Article

More Article by JiJi

Vishnu Manchu Art Foundation launched 4th Art camp at Sree Vidyanikethan Educational Institutions in Tirupati
Hyderabad to host 2nd SEA - AICOSCA Cottonseed Oil & Meal Conclave 2019
With her new look in GONE KESH, Shweta Tripathi sends message to our society
Pritam on Ghar Mere Pardesia, the kalank song thats launched today
Mozez Singh's short film 'First Period' gets nominated for Filmfare Awards 2019
View All Articles

Featured Contributors


Tahmina Watson

Aayushi Manish

Shruti Sadolkar
Shruti Sadolkar

Darshan Goswami

Anu Peshawaria

Vivek Wadhwa
Vivek Wadhwa

Ananya Kiran

Vasudha Sharma

Christine Dunbar
Christine Dunbar

Latest Articles

Vishnu Manchu Art Foundation launched 4th Art camp at Sree Vidyanikethan Educational Institutions in Tirupati by Staff
Hyderabad to host 2nd SEA - AICOSCA Cottonseed Oil & Meal Conclave 2019 by Staff
With her new look in GONE KESH, Shweta Tripathi sends message to our society by Staff
Pritam on Ghar Mere Pardesia, the kalank song thats launched today by Staff
Mozez Singh's short film 'First Period' gets nominated for Filmfare Awards 2019 by Staff
View All Articles