All Purpose Flour â€“ 1 cup
Carom Seeds (Ajwain) â€“ 1/4 tsp
Salt â€“ 1/2 tsp
Clarified Butter (Ghee) â€“ 2 tbsp
Water â€“ 1/4 cup
Oil for deep frying
1. Heat Oil for deep-frying.
2. Mix the following together: Flour, Salt & Ajwain.
3. Mix in the Ghee and rub well till all the Flour is coated with Ghee.
4. Add a little Water at a time and form a stiff dough. It needs to be stiffer than Chapati dough.
5. Rub a little Oil/Ghee on the dough ball, cover and allow to rest till the Oil is ready (minimum 5 min.)
6. Grease the rolling surface and the rolling pin.
7. Take a part of the dough and form a ball and roll it into a square or a round.
8. It needs to be just a hair thicker than a Chapati.
9. Grease a sharp knife and cut strips, rotate 45 degrees and cut again to form diamond shapes.
10. Fry once the Oil is hot.
11. Allow them to cook on one side and flip allowing them to cook on the other side as well.
12. Once done, take them out onto a paper towel, sprinkle some Chaat Masala.
13. Serve hot (if you want them soft or allow them to cool (if you want them crispy.
14. Once cooled down, transfer into an air-tight container and store at room-temperature